Background

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Off Topic Snippet

I always like it when bloggers go off topic for a post now and then to share a little bit of themselves that otherwise wouldn't be seen. For me it's fun to get to see another side of someone and get more of a feel for the person whose writings I follow. So, I've decided I'm going to try to do this now and then. I have no idea how often I'll do this sort of post or if I'll even remember to keep doing it now and then or if I'll run out of things to say if I do. Anyways, here goes.

Ten Random Things About Me

1. I love the idea of crafting and creating. I have scrapbooking supplies, knitting supplies, sewing stuff, art supplies, etc...In reality, I never have time for any of it. I want to scrapbook my kiddos' lives. My six year old's scrapbook has made it to about two months old and I haven't even started on one for my two year old!

2. I'm kind of crunchy. I make my own cleaners, cloth diaper, and homeschool my school age child.

3. I love homemade macaroni and cheese. It's my favorite comfort food.

4. I have funky colors in my hair right now -all over black with some bright blue and purple strands mixed in.

5. I started running a year and a half ago. I've completed a 5k, a 7 mile race twice (two subsequent years), and a half marathon. I'm supposed to do an obstacle race this coming Saturday - 4 miles and 20 obstacles - yikes! I've never done an obstacle race and my training has kind of fallen off the radar the past several months, so I'm very sure it will chew me up and spit me out. I plan to go anyways, that is, if I can find a way there. Our car just broke a week and a half ago and our other vehicle is only safe for local travel. So we shall see what this weekend holds for me!

6. I play piano.

7. I majored in Sociology in college and minored in Psychology.

8.I'm a major bookworm. I'd much rather curl up with a good book than go out where there's going to be tons of people.

9. I'm a beer snob. I love craft beers and German beers. I despise cider beers and don't even bother with most American style beers!

10. I am a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings books and movies.

           

6 comments:

  1. Wow...as I am reading this I am thinking..oh Rose has that in common with ( insert another bloggers name) and oh she is so like ( so and so).

    I can see how you wouldn't have time to scrapbook. Fear not when they get older, you'll have time..bwahaaaaa!

    Thanks for sharing!
    willie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing. what agreat idea. Willie thanks for the heads up. I suck at keeping up on scrapbooks too. tomsrose someday I would love to do an obstacle race what fun! good luck! oh and sorry about the auto issues. I know all too well how hard that is we see it everyday wish we could help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for going off topic. I also like reading more about fellow bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and thanks for sharing more of yourself. I like reading things about bloggers that I follow.

    Subrina <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Off topic is fun. I'm trying to scrapbook my kids lives too. I had hoped to have them all done by the time they graduate, but my oldest is a sophmore and her scrapbook is somewhere back when she was in first grade so I'm thinking that's not gonna happen. Lol.
    And I LOVE books too. I'm such an introvert. My perfect weekend is at home with my Kindle...not big on going out either.
    And that's awesome you make a lot of your own stuff and homeschool and run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - I'm a huge bookworm too - love love love LOTR - love to quilt - and am trying to catch up on all my scrapbooking, now that my kids are big, lol. I'm doing more online albums now - so much fun - but I still have lots of old photos to do as well.

    This was fun to read - thanks for sharing!

    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete