Background

Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Discussion of Implements

Implements are a vast unexplored frontier in my mind. It's odd that I read about other people's experience with implements and I grow a bit envious. Perhaps it's one of those things where the grass seems greener on the other side. But I know I've mentioned how much I LOATHE the light saber. In that respect, I guess it's good for the intended purpose. However, I do wish for a bit of variety I guess?

We actually just had a discussion today about implements as I've been having some pain in my lower back/butt/leg. I DON'T think it's spanking induced. One, I've not had many spankings lately to really cause such a thing. Two, I think it is possibly sciatica caused by an epidural with my first son's birth. I never had the pain prior to his birth and it has come and gone ever since. It just seems to have flare ups now and then. Anyways, but the fact that the pain is currently flared up brought up an implement discussion as my hubby does NOT want to be the cause of further pain or injury. In other words, he's okay with short-term pain, but not any sort of lasting damage. And of course, that's where I'm at with it too. So it seems this discussion led into implements and I did express a concern that with the light saber being so thin, if it were to hit the right spot, there could be potential to exacerbate the injury. I don't know if this is really true or not, but it would seem to make sense anyways. So while I understand that the light saber will be in his repertoire as I truly see him maybe saving it for the most heinous disrespect, it would make sense to broaden the range of implements in order to lessen the potential for injury. We are on the same page as far as that goes. So now it seems he will be in the market with something that spreads the pain, so an implement with thud versus sting. I have visions of a lovely paddle perhaps from Blondie's Place. Oh no. The next words out of his mouth. "I'd like a cricket bat." Whaaaat???"

So I did what I usually do when I don't have a clue. I googled. Why oh why did I do that? And why is my HOH so creative? Maybe I should try to compromise. A lovely ping pong paddle would be nice. Ooh - and we could get a ping pong table and play. That's a lovely bonus - too lovely to turn down I think! Hmmmm...something tells me that I just need to accept my fate. There's likely a cricket bat in our future. I guess on the positive side, we could bludgeon home intruders with it if need be.

I thought this one that I found looked appropriate for the job.


And one in action. This guy just looks like he's getting ready to paddle his woman's behind!



So I will leave you dear readers with those lovely visions in your head. Be careful what you wish for!

13 comments:

  1. Be careful. Your lightsabre is plastic. It is light, and most likely stingy. A ping pong paddle would actually be your next logical step ( although they are really LOUD). The cricket bat appears to be very thick. Thick can mean bruises, and if used for a long time, potential for broken skin. I'm sure if you only get about 10 whacks you could be fine...BUT if your husband gets 'freaked' out easily take these things into consideration - especially if you have never used wood before.

    We use wood almost exclusively here- 3 paddles from Blondies, plus a few other lighter implements...a bamboo bath brush from Walmart, a similar material shoe horn. Warm ups might prove helpful too. I guess I am just saying, as far as your new things....maybe baby steps are a better idea. NOT that I am telling your husband what to do or anything...lol

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. He did kind of say that it might be thicker than he thought! I know he won't really go that route unless he takes a good hard look at it, feels out the cricket bat, and knows it's safe. He likes the idea of a longer handle. I don't. I'd rather a shorter one so that he has to be physically close to me when punishment is administered. But I guess I don't get to choose...lol!

      He never does more than 10 whacks. Personally, I'd prefer some warm-ups with a hand and then a lighter implement, even if it means more than 10 whacks. Once again, not up to me. Hmmm...seems to be a theme here!

      But seriously, how did a cricket bat even enter his mind? It's not like we've ever played cricket!! The things my hubby thinks up!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I used to get implement envy, now, if I hear of an implement we have never used, I just get thankful the Duke either has never thought of owning it himself, or has no interest! Lol. I hope your bottom will fare well after this. ;) I have had problems with my sciatic nerve since pregnancy too, never thought it might be due to the epidural I had to have before surgery on my cervix... but that makes sense, I'll have to have that looked into. Thank you for sharing.

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that an epidural can cause back issues. It makes sense if you think about it considering where it's done. If I ever come up with a foolproof cure for it I'll let you know, because it really really sucks!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm...you are brave, that is some paddle....I much prefer anything made of leather......floggers look intimidating , but can be ohhhh so nice
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I think he's figured out that he's not serious about the cricket bat. *I think*. He's a very careful person, especially when it comes to any kind of risk of injury, so if he did ever get one it would be used ever so carefully...lol! I've never tried a flogger and that's the one thing that I've really really wanted to try - especially since reading 50 Shades! :P I can't remember the shop I found now, but I stumbled on one once that had some lovely ones for "beginners." We've never ventured into leather and I really really would like us to! I was a bit shy of leather when we first started this, but I feel like I'm ready to try that path. I'm not sure if my hubby will go that route though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

      Delete
  5. Implements are the best :) Have you thought about a crop? (the crop is my favourite) ava x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try a crop sometime. I might be in luck because I think it's on hubbies list also!

      Delete
  6. I get implement envy too but that cricket bat is scary looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It is scary looking. I don't want that thing anywhere near me!

      Delete
  7. I still get implement envy but my Sir says he's sticking to his belt and one of Blondies paddles. Both hurt a lot! I do like that the paddle allows me to be over his knee. The closeness makes it easier to handle to pain.
    Thea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear what you're saying. I'd prefer for my husband to be close. Especially with this all being so new, I feel like it would help me to handle punishment better both physically and emotionally if he were close.

      Delete